KWC© (Single Serve) Lemon-Luau Cake
Happy Wednesday! 2-Weeks ago I polled you all on my Facebook Page and asked you all to select your most highly requested recipe from a list of a few I had planned to share here on my website-and you all chose this one by leaps and bounds!
This cake. This beautiful, crazy good cake. Such a refreshing change of pace from the standard "chocolate on chocolate on peanut butter on occasional strawberry" that becomes so easy and "go to" on a Keto diet.
This cake tastes like a cross between a pineapple upside down cake, a coconut cream cake and a lemon pie. I named it "Lemon-Luau" because it reminded me of something that would be absolutely incredible to enjoy on a hot summer day while relaxing on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu.
I hope this recipe is as delightful to you as it has been to me! Enjoy!
KWC (Single-Serve) Lemon-Luau Cake©
Recipe Makes 1 Cake
(* nutrition information provided is based on the exact ingredients I used as posted)
*Effective Carbs: 3.8g
■ 1.5 T (11g) Almond Flour ( I use Honeyville)
■ 1.5 T (11g) Oat Fiber (I use Trim Healthy Mama Brand)
■ 1/2 tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder (I use Organic 365)
■ 2-2.5 T. Granular Sweetener of Choice (I use Bocha Sweet) (OR TO TASTE)
■ 1 Large Pastured Egg
■ 1/2 T. (7g) Reduced-Fat Pastured Butter (I use Kerrygold Reduced-Fat)
■ 2 T. (30 ml) Pure Lemon Juice
■ 1/8 tsp Pineapple Extract (I use LorAnn)
■ 1/8 tsp Butter Extract (I use Watkins)
■ 1/8 tsp Lemon Extract (I use Simply Organic)
■ 2 tsp (9g) 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese-Softened
■ 1 tsp (5g) Reduced-Fat Pastured Butter-Softened
■ 1 T. Granular Sweetener of Choice (I use Bocha Sweet) (OR TO TASTE)
■ 1 tsp (2g) Reduced-Fat Unsweetened Shredded Coconut Flakes
■ 1 tsp Lemon Juice
■ 1/8-1/4 tsp Coconut Extract
1. Preheat your oven to 375° degrees F. Spray a mini loaf pan/large ramekin or small baking bowl liberally with avocado or coconut oil cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl combine your dry ingredients-set aside.
3. In your baking dish of choice, crack and beat your egg, then add in all other liquid/wet ingredients.
4. Add your dry ingredients to your wet mixture and stir well.
5. Bake the cake for 18-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: you may microwave the cake if desired-but it is not my desired baking method. If you choose to microwave, do so for approximately 90 seconds.
6. While your cake bakes, make your frosting my combining all the ingredients listed whisking until smooth and uniform-you should have a slightly thin pourable frosting. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Remove cake from oven, and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes. Top with frosting and ENJOY!
Curious about why I use "clean no-filler- added" Reduced-Tat products in my recipes and in my Keto lifestyle?
Be sure and join my next Talk & Teach Event in my Facebook Support Group on Aug 9, 2018 at 5pm CST to learn all about my approach to a long-term Keto diet.